Thursday, February 10, 2011

HOME EXCHANGE WEBSITES

About six months ago, I did a spreadsheet of the various home exchange websites I could find on-line. Unfortunately I can not use the spreadsheet in this post, but the following gives you the relevant information. 
I actually signed up for the first site I found when I went searching. And I still use www.homeforexchange.com, as I find it to be very reasonably priced and user-friendly. If you want a free forty day trial with this website, send me your email address, and I will link you to this offer.   


www.homeexchange.com  or www.houseswap.com: $9.95 /month for the year; $15.95/for 3 months; 38000 listings in 137 countries


www.homeforexchange.com: $59-1 year;$88-2 years; $110-3 years; 13,572 listings


www.homelink.org: $119-1 year; $190-2 years 13000+ listings in 78 countries 


www.luxeswap.com $159per year 96 listings in US and international; "stylish homes";"more boutique experience" 


http://www.intervac-homeexchange.com/  orwww.intervacus.com: $99-1 year; $179.99-2 years; $239.99-3 years; 30,000 listings 


www.thevacationexchange.com: $49.95 annual fee, waived the 1st year; feature 2nd and vacation homes; $250 paid per each exchange. Exchange co-ordinator helps with exchanges. They also handle rentals.


www.seniorshomeexchange.com:$79 for 3 years; $100 lifetime membership. 4,082 listings for people over age 50. 


www.ihen.com: International Home Exchange $39.95/year.   Rentals also.


www.tradecondos.com:   $79.99 /year


http://boston.craigslist.org/swp/ :Free. VERY limited options, as most listings want yu to use their service. Go to the city you want to visit to post your home. Watch your city listings for possible exchanges. I actually "met" Angela, an american married to an Italian who lives in Rome, through Craig's List, as she only wanted to do an exchange in the Boston area. 


Next post I will talk about (miscellaneous) health care issues that you might find helpful when you do an exchange.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment